Make Your Own Bucket List
If you knew you only had one year to live, what would you want to achieve in this time? Would you travel, go skydiving, get married or get a tattoo? Many people put together a list of things they would like to do, or goals they would like to achieve before they die or before a certain key stage in their life and this is called a ‘Bucket List’.
The 2008 movie, ‘The Bucket List’, starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, was based on this subject and included such things to do as “laugh till I cry”, “kiss the most beautiful girl in the world” and “help a complete stranger”.
The term ‘Bucket List’ comes from the phrase ‘To kick the bucket’ which means to die. A little
morbid maybe, but it definitely puts life into perspective and often pushes us to do things that we
wouldn’t normally dream of doing!
The top 10 ‘Bucket List’ items from the book ‘101 Things to do before you Die’ are:
1. Write a novel
2. Catch a fish with your bare hands
3. Make a discovery
4. Throw a house party when your parents are out
5. Eat exotic foods
6. Swim with sharks
7. Swim with dolphins
8. Swim with whales
9 Win an award, trophy, or prize
10. Eat at weird restaurants
How many of these have you completed and what would be on your ‘Bucket List’?
- What if you were to die tomorrow? What would you wish you could do before you die?
2. What would you do if you had unlimited time, money and resources?
3. What have you always wanted to do but have not done yet?
4. Any countries, places or locations you want to visit?
5. What are your biggest goals and dreams?
6. What experiences do you want to have / feel?
7. Are there any special moments you want to witness?
8. What activities or skills do you want to learn or try out?